Treat Your Hair To A Christmas Blowdry With Headmasters
Headmasters have relaunched their famous ‘Manhattan’ blow dry just in time for the festive season, acting as the perfect finishing touch to your party outfit.
Any social-media loving individual will be aware that big, healthy hair has been trending lately and the pin-curl blowdry method has recently gone viral on TikTok. Big, healthy hair is always in style and the Headmasters ‘Manhattan’ blow dry is the perfect option to achieve this.
Creative Director and Celebrity Stylist Andrew Barton says ‘The beautiful thing about the treatment is that it really respects the health of the hair, creating a bouncy, shiny look that will last all night’.
And, what’s more, the insta-worthy look can be created with ease from the comfort of your own home in just eight simple steps.
Clare Hansford, Headmasters creative ambassador, explains to Absolutely London readers how to achieve the look at home.
- Prepping the hair is vital after double cleansing with shampoo and conditioner using an in-salon treatment such as Kerastase K water (£10), provides an instant glossy finish.
- Using a microfibre towel, dry hair to reduce frizz, apply product such as a Techni Art Pli (£16.50) through the roots and end. This step creates the foundation for your blow dry.
- Section and create your parting, with a hairdryer and a round brush, blow-dry the hair in a rolling motion, gliding from roots to ends to provide tension and create smoothness.
- Carefully use your finger and roll the curl and pin with a metal clip, be gentle not to dent the hair with the clip and allow time (between 5-10 minutes) for the curls to cool and set.
- Lightly spray a hairspray like Tecni Art Anti-frizz spray (£13.50) all over your hair which will set your curls and protect against humidity.
- Once cooled and sprayed, carefully remove each pin curl clip and use a wide tooth comb or a Manta brush (£25) to create beautiful glamourous curls.
- To add extra volume turn your head upside down and carefully shake your head to create larger volume at the root.
- Make the most of your Manhattan blow-dry by sleeping with a silk pillowcase or bonnet to protect your blow dry to make it last longer.