Easy breakfasts you can make in five minutes with a mug and a microwave
We know that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. We’ve been told 100 times. It’s just sometimes those extra minutes in bed are irresistible. That’s why we’ve found a few recipes for easy breakfasts that can be whipped up with just some simple ingredients and a mug. Now you really can have your (pan)cake and eat it.
Apricot and Berry Mug Pancake
- 1/4 cup (about 60ml) complete pancake mix, available here.
- 1/4 cup of water (about 60ml)
- 2 apricots, halved, with the pits removed
- 4-6 fresh berries
- Small handful of pecan halves
- Maple syrup for serving
- Fill the bottom quarter of a large mug with the pancake batter.
- Fill the mug with water until it’s half full. Whisk the mix and the water until smooth.
- Fold in half of the berries, apricots, and pecans.
- Microwave on high for 2 minutes, then top with the remaining fruit and nuts.
- Microwave for 30 to 60 seconds more, or until set. Serve with Maple syrup.
Recipe from refinery29.com
Two Minute Egg White Omelet
- 3 egg whites, lightly beaten
- 1 small handful of fresh baby spinach, shredded
- 1 tablespoon each of red and green pepper, diced
- 2 tablespoons of cooked ham or chicken (or you can omit meat)
- 1 tablespoon tomato, diced
- 1 tablespoon cheddar cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Spray a microwave-safe mug with non-stick cooking spray.
- Combine all ingredients in mug and mix.
- Microwave uncovered on high for 1 minute; stir. Cook for 1-1 ½ minutes longer or until eggs are completely set.
Recipe from tone-and-tighten.com
Whole Wheat Banana and Raisin Muffin in a Mug
- 3 tablespoons whole wheat flour
- 2 inch piece of banana
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons honey (maple syrup or agave)
- pinch of salt
- 2 ½ tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon raisins
- In a microwave safe mug mash up the banana with a fork.
- Add in the rest of the ingredient and mix together until blended. Then stir in the raisins.
- Microwave for 45 seconds -1 minute or until it’s firm to the touch on top (timing is based on my 1200W microwave so your timing might vary).
- Enjoy immediately.
Recipe from biggerbolderbaking.com