Why choose Zest Media?
In 2011, Zest created ABSOLUTELY Magazines and became London’s fastest growing magazine brand. As specialist publishers, we now produce over 300 magazines a year and create multi-channel campaigns that blend the key disciplines of content marketing, the buyer journey and social outreach.
If you’re interested in working for a growing, fast-paced and dynamic company, drop us a line at [email protected].
Zest Media is one of the U.K.’s leading niche, specialist publishers; Our 28 strong portfolio of magazines target high net worth audiences across Europe, the Middle East and Asia across various industry sectors. We also act as a multi-disciplined, point of contact media agency for a number of leading brands.
As one of the fastest ever growing publishers in the UK, it is a very exciting time to join our vibrant, dynamic and ever expanding company. With a newly launched multi-functional digital media agency, Digithrive, we have adapted to the needs of the market to provide both print and digital solutions in an ever evolving industry. We are looking for experienced and entrepreneurial consultants to work across the various departments within the business; Print, Content, Digital and Contract Publishing – predominantly within our Weddings and Parenting markets. Reporting to Craig Davies.
The Ideal Candidate
- 4 to 6 years’ experience in the publishing sector – Extensive industry knowledge in either Weddings or Parenting
- Someone with an existing client base and the ability to utilise strong relationships made throughout their career within the position
- An ambitious growth plan for their career and a willing dedication to carving a career path within our business
- Managerial experience, both in the form of personnel and all aspects of a publication (content, editorial, layout)
- The ability to manage and grow their sector with the trust of management to achieve without micromanagement being a necessity – a self starter
- A tenacious, entrepreneurial and proactive attitude
Overview of the Role
- To achieve personal print and digital sales targets where set
- To have a genuine interest and passion for your sector
- Keeping yourself abreast of industry trends, events, issues and key players, both during and out of working hours
- To ensure that you are aware of what competing magazines within the industry are doing, actively engage in social media and develop an understanding of the key players through blogs, articles and websites. Also a continuous monitoring process of all our key competitors
- To immerse yourself in the market you specialise in and hold genuine passion for products and services within that remit
- To establish, maintain and build strong working relationships with designated clients as well as building a new client base of your own
- To develop, whilst agreeing and implementing, a clear strategy for the overall function of your magazine and sector as well as being aware of events in your industry and opportunities to help action the strategy and expand your brand
- Canvassing and servicing suitable businesses within your sector
- To be able to accurately forecast sales revenues when required
- Using initiative and forward thinking to come up with and implement new title launches as well as introducing new products into our service line – making the most of an entrepreneurial and encouraging business environment
- To be accountable for all new and regular business within your given sector. This must include action plans, knowledge of competitor activity, marketing briefs, client history, planned activity, key personnel and decision makers, budgeting timetables etc.
- To effectively deal with all enquiries promptly and efficiently
- Source and produce new ideas and unique content for the brand
- To establish and develop potential media partnerships for the benefit of your magazine, aligning your brand to suitable industry leading events building strong and lasting relationships that lead to revenue growth and increased readership.
- Attending industry shows and exhibitions where necessary, representing the company in order to fulfill partnership agreements.
- Using and updating daily the CRM system
- To regularly attend arranged client meetings and present the group and your title
- Reviewing progress against the strategy on a regular basis with the Director
- Maintaining high team morale, and leading by example
Job Type: Full-time, Permenant
Salary: On application, competitive
To apply please send your cv/resume to [email protected]
This is a fantastic opportunity for a recent graduate to kick-start their career by building and developing their skills within this fast-growing, publishing and marketing agency. Reporting to the Art Director, we are looking for an enthusiastic, can-do, creative designer to support the Design Team across our wide portfolio of printed publications, web-based products and various marketing and promotional activities.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Excellent creativity in graphic design and typography
• Experience of magazine design or similar, editorially focused work
• Ability to create accurate, print-ready artwork
• The ability to develop and work within brand guidelines
• Ability to work with own initiative and as part of a team when appropriate
• Able to share opinions and contribute effectively to creative briefings and meetings
• Strong ability to multitask and deliver quality work to tight deadlines
Skills & Attributes
• Working knowledge of InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator and WordPress
• Good working knowledge of HTML/CSS, WordPress
• Excellent communication and organisational skills
• Excellent time management skills
• A highly organised individual who is comfortable liaising with clients and internal stakeholders on a daily basis
• Degree in Graphic Design or similar
• Portfolio and examples of work
Job Type: Full-time
Send CVs/work samples to [email protected]
There is an immediate opportunity for an experienced Digital Sales Executive to join the business. This is a new business role, with opportunities to upsell to the group’s existing print and content clients base.
Overview of the Role:
The primary focus will be growing new business and working alongside our Senior Management Team. You will be required:
- To sell digital solutions to advertisers in order to maximise potential revenue and achieve personal and team targets.
- To achieve daily and weekly KPIs.
- To develop, whilst creating (with the CEO) and implement a clear sales strategy.
- To create bespoke digital marketing proposals and pitch them with success.
- To establish and maintain strong working relationships with designated clients.
- To build a new client database of your own.
- To regularly explore new business opportunities, form partnerships and present ideas both internally and externally.
- To effectively manage and service client accounts and deal with all enquiries promptly and efficiently.
- To work closely with other departments where necessary e.g. Editorial, Production, Marketing, Accounts etc. in managing accounts and campaigns.
- Passionate about all things digital!
- Minimum 2 years experience in selling digital agency services.
- Excellent performance in generating new business.
- Ability to create bespoke digital marketing proposals.
- Experience in delivering successful digital marketing pitches
- Proven track record in achieving revenue targets.
- Extensive sales and account management experience.
- Sound understanding of the following digital solutions:
- Digital Advertising (Search, Display, Social, Retargeting, Programmatics etc)
- Social Marketing Management
- Review & Citation Management
- Data analytics
- Insight tools and platforms
If you’d like to find out more about the job please send your CV to [email protected]
Please ensure your CV includes salary requirements and details of your client deals and wins.
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: Dependant on experience, highly attractive commission structure.