Streamline your morning with these filling and nutrient-dense five-minute breakfast recipes
Mornings are hectic enough without the hassle of preparing a meal that is both filling and healthy. So that you can enjoy a few extra moments of shut-eye first thing, we’ve found some five-minute breakfasts that are anything but boring.
Breakfast Apple Nachos
- 1 apple sliced
- 2 tbsp nut butter of choice
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ cup granola
- ¼ cup unsweetened coconut
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- Lay apple out and spread nut butter over top.
- Sprinkle coconut flakes, cinnamon, chia seeds and granola.
Recipe from Rachel’s Healthy Plate
Dark Forest Overnight Oats
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 3 cups milk
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 2 tbsp coconut flakes
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp powdered sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla
- 2 cups cherries, pitted and halved
- ½ cup sliced almonds
- ¼ cup cacao nibs or chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, stir together the oats, milk, chia seeds, coconut flakes, maple syrup, cocoa powder, powdered sugar, and vanilla. Mix until well combined. Cover and refrigerate overnight
- The next morning, divide oats among four bowls. Top evenly with cherries, almonds and cacao nibs.
Recipe from joanne-eatswellwithothers.com
Chia Pudding With Peach and Raspberry
- 1 cup of unsweetened vanilla flavoured almond milk
- 1 cup of plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp of maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- A pinch of salt
- ¼ cup of chia seeds
- 2 small peaches, diced
- 1 cup of raspberries
- In a bowl, whisk together the almond milk, yogurt, maple syrup, vanilla extract and salt.
- Then whisk in the chia seeds and let the mixture stand for about overnight (or 30 minutes).
- Once the pudding has thickened, spoon the pudding onto individual containers and top or layer with the peaches and raspberries.
Recipe from sprinklesandsauce.com
Banana, Peanut Butter and Honey Rice Cakes
- 1 banana (sliced)
- 2-3 rice cakes
- 2 tbsp peanut butter
- 1 tbsp honey
Spread the peanut butter over the rice cakes, top with banana slices and drizzle with honey.
Recipe from foodspacesplaces.com
Mango Pineapple Smoothie Bowl
- 1 banana, frozen
- 1 cup frozen mango
- 1 cup frozen pineapple
- ¼-1/3 cup coconut milk (or milk of choice)
- Coconut, granola & fresh fruit, to top
- Combine all ingredients except for the toppings in a blender. Puree until completely smooth – the mixture should be very thick. Add a touch more liquid if necessary to get it to blend completely smooth, or if you want a thinner smoothie.
- Transfer to a individual serving bowl and add toppings.
Recipe from bakerita.com
Yoghurt and Granola
- 300g Greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp of seedy vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp honey or maple syrup
- 4 tbsp of mixed berries
- 4 tbsp of really good quality, refined sugar free granola
In a mixing bowl mix the yoghurt with the vanilla. Split the yoghurt between two tumblers and top with the honey or maple syrup, then the berries and the granola and serve straight away with a spoon.
Recipe from sheerluxe.com
Pina Colada Smoothie
- ½ frozen banana
- ½ cup frozen pineapple chunks
- ⅓ cup pineapple or pina colada juice
- ¼ cup coconut milk
- Handful of ice cubes
Combine all ingredients in a blender. Blend until smooth, about one minute.
Recipe from gatherforbread.com
Microwave Egg and Vegetable Breakfast Sandwich
- 1 bagel
- ¾ cup egg whites
- 10-15 fresh spinach leaves
- 1 wedge Laughing Cow Herb & Garlic Cheese
- 2 slices tomato
- 2-4 slices avocado
- Kosher salt
- Hot sauce
- Toast bagel in the toaster or toaster oven. In a small bowl add egg whites and spinach leaves, season with kosher salt. Place in microwave for 1 minute 30 seconds, keeping an eye on the eggs so they don’t overflow.
- Smear wedge of cheese on toasted bagel and add slices of tomato. Spoon egg out of bowl in a single patty and place on top of cheese and tomato, top with avocado. Season with more salt and hot sauce if desired.
Recipe from www.foodiecrush.com
Strawberry-Infused Quinoa Breakfast Bowl
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup cashews
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- Optional sweetener of choice
- 1 cup cooked quinoa (any variety)
- Toppings: blueberries, goji berries & almonds
- Add top four ingredients into a high-powered blender. Blend on high until smooth and creamy (will be the consistency of milk). Set aside.
- Place quinoa in a bowl, pour milk over and sprinkle on toppings.
Recipe from simplyquinoa.com
Two-Ingredient Banana Pancakes
- 1 Ripe Banana sliced
- 2 Eggs
- Place the eggs and banana in the blender. Blend until a smooth.
- Heat a non-stick skillet and spray the skillet with non-stick spray.
- Add the batter to the skillet in the shape of a pancake and space them out since they tend to spread.
- When bubbles start to form, flip the over and cook for 10 seconds on the other side.
- Remove from heat.
Recipe from livingsweetmoments.com